Monday, July 7, 2008

Write to the Attorney General

Here is how you can contact the Attorney General:

 

Mailing Address:              Hon. Christopher Bentley

Attorney General

Ministry of the Attorney General
720 Bay St, 11th Flr

Toronto ON M5G 2K1

 

Email Address:                  cbentley.mpp@liberal.ola.org

 

 

Here is a sample letter:

 

 

I am writing to seek your intervention in the matter of the private fence which has been erected across the beach at Balm Beach.  Balm Beach, on the shores of Nottawasaga  Bay is visited by thousands of visitors each year.  These people come from the local North Simcoe areas, the GTA and Southern Ontario as well as overseas.

 

The fence now extends down to and, on some days, into the water so it is virtually impossible to pass without going into the water.  This fence blocks off access to a beach area which has been used by the public for generations.  I understand that I can launch a court challenge to restore the historic rights of access and use but I do not have the money to do this nor do I feel that I should have to put up my own money to protect the rights of all the public.  That should be the role of government.  Furthermore, I fear the if this fence is allow to remain, it will encourage others to erect fences which will ultimately decrease historic public access and use of more and more beach areas.

 

I understand that a mandate of you office is to protect public rights and that is why I am asking for your help.

 

(Then add some of your own comments and or stories)

 

 

No comments: