Thursday, October 4, 2007

Provincial Election Update

The following are the responses to PUBB's questions from the Liberal Candidate Laura Domsy.
 
 

Thank you for your questions and thank you for meeting with me.

 

Your question #1 is: "What is your position on keeping Tiny's beaches open for public access and use?

 

I am in favour of keeping our beaches public. One of the major attractions to our lovely area is our natural resources. I realize the beaches economic importance and the importance to our lifestyle in Simcoe North. If elected I will work diligently to set up a meeting with your group and the Attorney General. Beyond that I would be interested in meeting with your group again and gaining more facts. At that point I would consider bringing forward a private member’s bill that would raise the important issue of public access to our beaches. Unlike my Conservative opponent who feels that politicizing this and other issues, I feel that we should work constructively together to get a resolution. I will make sure your voice is heard no matter, which party, forms the government.

 

Your question #2 is: "Would you support the Great Lakes Shoreline Right of Passage Act if it is re-introduced in the next legislature"?

 

I agree with the Great Lakes Shoreline Right of Passage Act in principle. As I mentioned to you, I spoke with Mr. Craitor’s office and he intends to bring this Act forward again when the legislature resumes. My only concern with the bill is the lack of details pertaining to compensation for private property expropriation. If expropriation of private property occurs than I think it is important for the government to fairly compensate the property owner. I understand that this bill as it is written now is not exactly what you are looking for but I feel this is a good first step in the right direction. Anytime there is an opportunity for me to include you in consultations regarding this and other bills of the same topic I’ll seek your input. I feel that this is the representation that we need at Queen’s Park.

 

Thanks, Laura Domsy

No comments: